Business analyst cover letter
View this sample cover letter for a business analyst, or download the business analyst cover letter template in Word.
As a business analyst, you know the power of information and how it affects the decisions you make. Your cover letter will help shape a hiring manager’s opinion of you as an employee. To be considered for top business analyst jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for business. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a business analyst, or download business analyst cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about business careers and look for business analyst jobs on Monster.
Business analyst cover letter template
Sometown, IL 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
August 10, 2017
Ms. Katherine Collins
55 Great Lakes Blvd.
Sometown, IL 55555
Re: Business Analyst, Ref. #12345, Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Collins:
When I read ABC Corporation’s advertisement on Monster for a business analyst, I decided to apply immediately. Data-driven and highly analytical, I bring to the table 15 years of experience as a business analyst able to influence corporate growth strategies through fact-based, data-driven insights and analysis.
Since earning an MBA, I have worked as a business analyst for a mid-size supermarket chain, a financial services organization and a global pharmaceutical company. In each position, I planned and directed analysis of complex initiatives ranging from proposed mergers, acquisitions and divestitures to Six Sigma-based process improvements, organizational restructures and product launch proposals.
Areas of success include:
- Producingdetailed analytics and actionable reports that show key performance indicators, identify areas of improvement and facilitate informed decision making.
- Minimizing uncertainty, removing ambiguity and synthesizing large amounts of complex data into clear, concise and meaningful contexts.
- Leading system and process reengineering to capture improved efficiencies, fail-safe business continuity and multimillion-dollar cost savings.
- Conducting in-depth data mining, visualization and analysis to uncover and rectify process weaknesses and vulnerabilities, mitigate risk and resolve business and IT
As you can see, I am committed to being a positive driver of company goals and confident in my ability to improve ABC Corporation’s operational performance. I am available to interview anytime and look forward to speaking with you. You can call me at (555) 555-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
“Phoebe provided analytics for overall business performance and future forecasting that enabled a 16% increase YTD.” – B. Macy, President, DEF Company
“Phoebe has a keen ability to analyze and identify complex and competing business requirements across business functions.” – A. Palmer, GHI Company
“The analytic support and strategic thought partnership delivered by Phoebe and her team were key to our successful new product launch...” – B. Tam, JKL Company
See all sample cover letters on Monster.
IT Analyst Cover Letter
IT Analysts, sometimes called Systems Analysts, design and implement information systems to optimize companies’ organizational efficiency. In their day-to-day job, an IT analyst may use modeling, information engineering and cost-based accounting to develop new systems, oversees their implementation and debug the systems to ensure that they are working properly.
Skills relevant to this position that should be highlighted in a cover letter include the following:
- Use of SharePoint and Excel to manage several facets of technical projects
- Ability to create, update, and maintain documentation for the knowledge base using HTML
- Experience reviewing documentation for accuracy prior to it going live in the knowledge base.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a field related to the industry
Scroll down to see an example of an example cover letter for an IT Analyst candidate.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive IT Analyst Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Hurley:
I am writing to submit my resume to be considered for the position of IT Analyst at Black Turtle Tech. My work and education history has provided me with a broad range of IT and business skills, and a passion to fill this role and contribute to the great work of your company.
My degree in computer science has provided me with the foundation to use a variety of computer systems to meet business needs. My work experience, particularly my years as an IT Analyst at Jade Systems, provided me with on-the-job experience in developing and implementing new IT systems.
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Analyzed and improved existing SAP Fixed Asset processes through change management.
- Monitored program development, tested enhancements, participated in go-live activities and supported production, ensuring accounting requirements were met and customers’ approval obtained.
- Designed, purchased and installed/configured virtual servers at remote locations
- Provided technical support for internal users via telephone and email.
- Provided hardware and printer support
- Worked on huge databases, performed data conversions & data mining and analyzed data relationships
My knowledge and passion for working in IT systems make me a strong candidate for the position of IT Analyst at Black Turtle Tech, and I look forward to the opportunity to be a part of the team. Thank you for your consideration.