Esthetician Cover Letter
Estheticians help clients improve their appearance and boost their self-esteem. These cosmetology experts complete a variety of duties, such as discussing requirements with clients, recommending treatments, providing information about cosmetic procedures, applying hair treatments, selling spa products, preparing procedure rooms, keeping the working area clean and organized, sterilizing utensils and equipment, and determining if clients are allergic to any ingredient. A good Esthetician should also update their job knowledge and learn about the newest procedures.
A cover letter sample for Esthetician should showcase the following skills:
- Technical skills
- Customer service orientation
- Empathy and strong interpersonal skills
- Stamina and resilience
- Time management and the ability to work under pressure
- Being able to apply chemical treatments
- Extensive knowledge of skin care
Comparable Esthetician qualifications can be seen on the cover letter example displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Esthetician Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Roberts:
With regard to Rosey Day Spa’s posting for an Esthetician, I enthusiastically submit my resume for your review. As an experienced, service-oriented professional—as well as a recent graduate of Annie’s Beauty School—I am confident that I could make a significant impact at your company in this position.
My background lies in providing outstanding client service and satisfaction within the beauty industry. In my previous positions, my service level to high-end clients has resulted in a generous repeat customer base and revenue growth. With my recent esthetician program completion, I am excited to extend my record of exceptional client attention to your spa and ensure optimal customer experiences.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Excelling as an Esthetician in consecutive positions over the last 12 years, providing outstanding skin care services—including facials, hair removal, and makeup application—to build a loyal clientele and maximize repeat/referral business.
- Fostering rewarding relationships with customers through comprehensive merchandise / product knowledge and warm, personable demeanor.
- Demonstrating outstanding communication and organization talents.
- Collaborating with peers and various teams to generate a positive and relaxing environment.
I am prepared to put my knowledge and experience to work for you; in fact, I am sure to enhance client satisfaction and exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position further. Thank you for your consideration.
An esthetician at a health spa should be a people person, as well as someone who cares about clients health and well-being. The cover letter examples shown here can help guide you toward a successful esthetician cover letter. If you’re stuck on your cover letter, these cover letter examples are a great place to start. Use them as a guide, then write your own cover letter with these examples in mind, and apply for jobs with extra confidence!
Cover Letter Tips for Esthetician
Finding jobs as a Esthetician, like the rest of the country, requires some hard work. You have to be willing to do research, plan, search and practice. Use these tips to turn a difficult job search into a slightly easier process:
1. Gather information. Before you start sending out applications, make sure you do some research. You can get information about the job market, careers you may be interested in, companies you want to work for and the like. This information will help you know what to apply for and do in interviews.
2. Get organized. Part of your preliminary plan should be making an organizational strategy. Many jobseekers turn to spreadsheets to make their job search smoother. You can keep track of where you applied, when you applied, who you heard back from and the like.
3. Go out and look. You’re not going to find any jobs as a Esthetician if you don’t actually look. You can use online tools like job posting sites, professional forums, company websites and social media to look for openings. You can also talk to people in your network, read the newspaper, go to job fairs and get help at career centers.
4. Get in touch. After you find a job opening, but before you send in your application, you should get in touch with someone inside the company if at all possible. You can ask them to give your cover letter to the hiring manager. When a cover letter comes from inside the company, it will likely get a bit more notice.
5. Go in after practice. Before you go in for an interview, you want to make sure to practice. Answer common interview questions, think about what you’re going to wear, work on listening and pay attention to your nonverbal communication. Practicing for the interview will make the process less stressful.
Esthetician Job Seeking Tips
As you search for jobs as a Esthetician, you want to make sure that you have a high-quality cover letter. You cover letter can help set you apart from your peers if it is done well. Use these five tips as you create your cover letter:
1. Try to create your own design, so you don’t have to use a Word template like everyone else.
2. Remember, there are certain rules that should never be broken: no lying or errors.
3. However, many common cover letter writing rules can be broken if you have a good reason to not follow the rule.
4. Always think about the reader, so try to keep your cover letter reader-friendly and full of information that the particular hiring manager will want to know.
5. Avoid oversharing on your cover letter, which means you should avoid anything too personal or controversial.