IGNOU Regional Centre, Khanna came into existence in April 2001 after the bifurcation of Karnal Regional Centre. This Regional Centre had its jurisdiction over the entire state of Punjab and the Union Territory of Chandigarh. In the year 2009, RC Khanna was further bifurcated and a new Regional Centre Chandigarh was established. The districts of Patiala, Roop Nagar, Fatehgarh Sahib, Mohali and the UT of Chandigarh were shifted to RC Chandigarh. Having started with only 12 study centres, it now has 46 study centres running successfully under its jurisdictional area with programmes from the wide spectrum of Schools of Computer & Information Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Performing & Visual Arts, Education, Continuing Education, Management Studies, Agriculture, Social Work, Sciences and Health Sciences.
These programmes, both short-term and long-term leading to Certificates, Diplomas and Degrees are conventional as well as innovative and have been launched with a view to fulfill the learners’ needs for certification, improvement of skills, acquisition of professional qualifications, self-enrichment, diversification and updation of knowledge.
As per the University’s policy of providing quality education to its learners not only through self-instructional study materials but also through audio/visual material aids, counselling sessions and Teleconferences facilities, Regional Centre Khanna has teleconferencing and Edusat facilities at Ludhiana apart from the Regional Centre itself. Moreover, a GyanVani FM radio channel is also being broadcast from AIR, Jalandhar. Regional Centre Khanna is also imparting education to the jail inmates in the districts of Barnala, Amritsar and Ludhiana. With the help of hard working people at the Regional Centre and learner support centres, RC Khanna is able to democratize education in the state and provide the opportunity of education to all sections of the society irrespective of the caste, creed, age, sex and demographic differences.
Registration of Property / Wills / other documents
LOCATION OF THE SUB REGISTRAR’S OFFICE
The Sub Registrar’s Office is situated in the 30 Bays Building Ground Floor, Room No. 1 & 2 near Estate Office, (Old Building) adjoining Central State Library, Sector 17, UT, Chandigarh.
TIMING SCHEDULE (Working Hours)
|Inspection of Documents||9.00 A.M. TO 10.00 A.M.|
|Presentation of Documents||12.00 NOON TO 1.00 P.M.|
|For Registration||3.00 P.M. TO 5.00 P.M.|
|Return of Documents after one week of Presentation||9.00 A.M. TO 11.00 A.M.|
|Attestation of Documents||11.00 A.M. TO 1.00 P.M. & 3.00 P.M. TO 4.00 P.M.|
PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION
The documents i.e. Sale Deed, Agreement to Sale, Lease Deed, Rent Deed, Family Settlement, Partnership Deed, Gift Deed, GPA/SPA/Will etc. are registered by this office under Indian Registration Act-1908 and Registration Manual. The documents duly executed in true form between the parties as per procedure laid down in the Act ibid are presented for registration before the Sub Registrar. After satisfying the proper stamp duty and documentation & after ascertain the contents of the documents from the executor the same is ordered to be registered after verifying the identification of the executants from the two witnesses both the witnesses must be known to each other and the first witness required to be known to the Sub Registrar i.e. Lambardar, Sarpanch, Member Panchayat (for rural area), councilor, Gazetted officer, Advocates. The documents after registration are delivered to the concerned parties on the same day.
MINIMUM COLLECTOR RATE FOR CHARGING STAMP DUTY ON THE SALE DEED/LEASE RIGHT OF TRANSFER DEED/GIFT DEED, as updated on 15-09-2012 (Click here for downloading Collector's Rates Schedule)
COLLECTION OF STAMP DUTY THROUGH STATE BANK OF INDIA
This office is collecting the Stamp Duty in the shape of Non-judicial Stamp Papers through authorized Stamp Vendors (maximum 50,000) Central Treasury (above 50,000) or certificate in respect of Stamp Duty u/s 42 of the Indian Stamp Act, 1899 from the Collector (Treasury Officer). The Challan Form is also available from the Treasury branch of State Bank of India. The same is also passed by the Central Treasury UT Chandigarh. The payment regarding Stamp Duty/ Deficiency of Stamp Duty is to be deposited in the State Bank of India (Treasury Branch) Sector –17, Near K.C. Cinema, Chandigarh.
RATES OF STAMP DUTY
The Stamp Duty is chargeable in the following documents in the UT Chandigarh are given below:
|Sale Deed/Gift Deed||6%|
|Transfer of Lease Right Deed||3%|
|Exchange Deed on the higher value of the property||3%|
|Lease Deed 1-5 years|
Lease Deed 1-10 yearsLease Deed 1-15 years
Lease Deed 1-20 yearsLease Deed above 20 years
On Security/Advance amount if any
|Mortgage Deed Without Possession|
Mortgage Deed With Possession
|Trust Deed||Rs. 50/-|
|Family Settlement||Rs. 50/-|
|Amendment Deed||Rs. 5/-|
|Relinquishment Deed||Rs. 50/-|
|Redemption Deed||Rs. 30/-|
|Partnership Deed||Rs. 25/-|
|General Power of Attorney |
Cancellation of GPA
|Special Power of Attorney |
Cancellation of SPA
|Adoption Deed||Rs. 40/-|
|Sub General Power of Attorney|
Cancellation of Sub GPA
|WILL/Cancellation of WILL||--|
As per Registration Department’s notification bearing No. 7293-FDII (6)-82/19590, dated the 24th December 1982, the following is the registration fees leviable on the registration of documents:
|For all optionally registrable documents except lease deeds||Rs. 50|
|For all compulsorily registrable documents (other than leases of immovable property)||1 percent of the value of the document, subject to a minimum of Rs.50 and maximum of Rs.10,000|
|If the value or consideration be only partly expressed (in addition to the ad valorem fee as above on the value or consideration money expressed),If the value or consideration be not at all expressed||Rs. 100|
|For lease of immovable property and surrender of leases.|
At the rates given in clause (b) above, on the amount of rent of which stamp duty has been assessed under Article 35 of Schedule 1-A to the Indian Stamp Act, 1899 and it the lease be exempt from stamp duty four rupees.
- Such fee in the case of duplicates, if presented with the original, shall be two rupees only, Duplicates, if not presented along with the originals shall be treated like the originals.
- The registration fee to be paid on partition deeds shall be calculated on the value of the share or shares on which stamp duty has been assessed under Article 45 of Schedule 1-A to the Indian Stamp Act, 1899.
- In Book No. 3 register of WILLS and authorities to adopt: -
|Authorities to adopt||Rs. 100|
|For the registration of Wills|
|(a) When the valuation of the property be queathed does not exceed Rs. 1,000|
|(b) When the valuation exceeds Rs. 1,000||Rs. 200|
|When the value of the property bequeathed is not expressed.|
- In Book No. 4 miscellaneous register for documents under clauses (d) and (f) of Section 18 of the aforesaid Act of 1908.All non-testamentary instrutments relating to Book IV including sale certificate presented for registration in original: -
|for the registration of Special Power of Attorney||Rs. 25|
|for the registration of General Power of Attorney||Rs. 50|
|for the registration of an Adoption Deed||Rs. 100|
|for the registration of any other document which cannot be brought under the ad-valorem scale prescribed by the proceeding clauses of this Table i.e. which is incapable of valuation||Rs. 50|
|for the registration of Trust Deed||Half of the amount of stamp duty payable on the deed of this nature, subject to a minimum of fifty rupees.|
- In the Article III, for Para (a) and the entries relating thereto, the following shall be substituted, namely: -
|When pages do not exceed five and are not more than twenty years old||Rs. 100|
|For every page in excess of five pages which are not more than twenty years old||Rs. 15|
|When pages do not exceed five and are more than twenty years old||Rs. 175|
|For every page in excess of five pages which are more than twenty years old||Rs. 20|
|Pasting Fee||Rs. 20|
This notification shall come into force on and with effect from 4th May 2006.
PROCEDURE FOR CERTIFIED COPIES
Registering officers to allow inspection of certain books and indexes, and to give certified copies of entries who will apply on a application mentioned full particulars of the documents i.e. Registration No, Book No, Date and Volume No, affixed Court fee stamp worth Rs.-2/- along with blank stamp paper worth Rs. 3/-
- Subject to the previous payment of the fees payable in that behalf, the Books Nos.1 and 2 and the Indexes relating to Book No.1 shall be all time open to inspection by any person applying to inspect the same; and, subject to the provisions of section62, copies of entries in such books shall be given to all persons applying for such copies.
- Subject to the same provisions, copies of entries in Book No.3 and in the Index relating thereto shall be give to the persons executing the documents to which such entries relate, or to their agents, and after the death of the executants (but not before) to any person applying for such copies.
- Subject to the same provisions, copies of entries in Book No.4 and in the Index relating thereto shall be given to any person executing or claiming under the documents to which such entries respectively refer, or to his agent or representative.
- The requisite search under this section for entries in Book Nos. 3 and 4 shall be made only by the registering officer.
- All copies given under this section shall be signed and sealed by the registering officer, and shall be signed and sealed by the registering officer, and shall be admissible for the purpose of proving the contents of the original documents.